|Posted by lizardtravel on November 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM|
Christmas is fast-approaching, and it's time to embrace that warm and fuzzy festive spirit. Whether you're a tourist or a local, these opportunities are unique to Victoria and should not be missed!
*Feel free to add to this list in the comments section below.
1) Miracle on 34th Street - radio play to be presented at the Crystal Ballroom in the Empress Hotel
2) Oak Bay Christmas Festival - the village is transformed in a magical wonderland; kicks off the last Sunday of November
3) Festival of Trees at the Fairmont Empress Hotel; lush forest of beautifully decorated trees (funds raised go to the BC Children's Hospital), runs mid November to mid January
4) Countryside Christmas - nostalgic Chrismas treat at Chemainus Theatre Festival (Nov.11 - Dec.31)
6) Craigdarroch Castle - takes a month to decorate; rooms are presented in traditional Victorian fashion complete with Victorian toys
7) Santa Shuffle - Dec.3 with Running Room
8 ) Milner Gardens Christmas Magic - festival of lights and music, by donation
9) Ghosts of Christmas Past the legend of Christmas Hill and much more; ghost tours presented by local historian John Adams and his team with a specific Christmas flair!
10) AJ's Organic Cafe - offering a fantastic selection of ethically sourced seasonal beverages and baked goods for this festive time of year; located in the Atrium at Yates and Blanschard SPECIAL NOTE: if you have a Christmas or Holiday Party check out AJ's Catering Services (they also have gluten-free options)
11) Seasonal Beers - sample winter and holidy brews! Sat. Nov.12
12) Time Out - Surviving the Season - Tues. Nov.15, how to lower your stress this holiday season
13) Nautical Wreath Workshops - learn how to create wreaths from manila rope
14) Centennial Square Christmas Tree Light-Up - Nov.26, seasonal music, performances and more
15) Island Farms Santa's Lights Parade - Nov.26, more info contact Victoria Festivals Society at 250-382-3111
16) A Baroque Christmas - Dec.17, live performance by Nancy Argenta and Aulos Ensemble
17) Christmas Starlight Cinema - Christmas movies under the stars in the Victoria Harbour (event contact info 250-360-2999 or email@example.com)
18 ) Stuary McLean and the Vinyl Cafe Christmas - Nov.28, one of Canada's best storytellers and beloved authors
19) The Nutcracker - presented by Dance Victoria with the Victoria Symphony
20) Christmas Light Tour with Lizard Adventure Travel - 2 hour Christmas Light Bus Tour of Victoria; info@LizardAdventureTravel.com or 250-891-6881 for more info or click promo video! We will visit the award winners from the Times Colonist Christmas Light's Contest - trip photos